Monday, May 6, 2013

# DUTY DONE...

Sunday 5th May 2013 was an important day for Malaysian...Yup... Voting Day....

Woke up early as the alarm was set at 5 am...when it rang I jumped out of bed....prepared a light breakfast, then woke up the kids....

By 6.30am we were on our way to balik kampung after picking up my sister-in-law who needed a ride back although she won't be casting her vote there....

As it was still early morning there were not much traffic on the road...so hb was on a 100 km p/h and we reached our destination 2 hrs later after a brief stop over in Serian.

After dropping the kids and stuff at my in-law's place.. I followed hb to the polling station which is about 5 mins drive away but opted to sit in the car while waiting for him.

The crowd was increasing by the minute and the queue was getting longer....and I sat in the car waiting and waiting for more than.... an hour.

It was about 10am when hb came out of the polling station...we drove back to my in-law's house where we cooked lunch and by the time we finished our makan and cleared the plates it was almost 12 noon...

Packed our things...thought of taking a bath...but nayy it was too time consuming as we were rushing back to town...to another polling station...my turn.

Started our journey at about 1.15 pm.....thank God the weather was fine although along the way there was some light shower....

Reached the polling station Chung Hua School No 5 at about 3 pm...no crowd so it was smooth sailing for me...walked in ...did my duty and walked out again within minutes...

Hb was surprised   "Huh..you are done...so fast" Yapp..I'm done..this is town area....memanglah fast not like yours...(remember I waited for him for more than an hour earlier on!)

So duty done...next we were off to Gaint to stock up on our weekly ration....as always!

We waited anxiously for the results infront of the TV that night. Luckily most of the Sarawak results came out early so we don't have to wait that long.

This morning when I opened up my FB, my wall was still full of link and what not about the election results, commend, condemn and all the shits...I'm tired and fed-up with all these bickering, results are out so lets get on with our life...Who ever governs the country...life will still go on. So I just unfriend this goon...abis cerita!

* I took a few pics at the kampung polling station but when I tried to upload it I accidentally deleted the whole lot. Gerrrrammm....


No comments: