Thursday, November 17, 2011

'Am I a bad mother?'

Am I a bad mother? Been asking myself eversince. I just read a status in a friend's FB where she published a result slip of her daughter's recent major examination. Well, her daughter got straight As or why else would she published it in her FB. And one of the comment by her friend was ' You're a good mother'! Is that implying that those whose children doesn't have strings of As are bad mothers. You tell me!

My daughter had also sat for this exam but her result is not that outstanding even though she passed. I thank God for that. I was quite disappointed no doubt but she did her best and that's her best. Doesn't mean that if you can't score strings of As you won't be successful in life in future. Cos a lot of those average students are more successful and outstanding later in life. You can't judge a person from his examination results or strings of As in their younger years. Some children matured later than others. We heard a lot of stories about from rags to riches.

I pray that my children will be successful in their adult life and make me proud of them. I love my children very much even if they are just average students. They are the love of my life.

No comments: