Monday, July 29, 2013

# LOGOS HOPE RETURNS TO KUCHING..







Two weeks ago before hb left for outstation, we decided to visit Logos Hope which has berthed at the Sim Kheng Hong Port, Pending ..about 10 mins drive from my place. The last time the ship was in Kuching was in 2011...I remembered cos every time I bought a book I normally jotted down the date. We went on a Saturday morning at about 11 am, there were less crowd then so we don't have to queue up liked what happened 2 years ago...queueing up under the hot sun is no fun..trust me!

Logos Hope is a book paradise for book worms..also dubbed as the world's largest floating book fair. And I can say that some of the books are quite reasonably priced...my daughter bought a few teenage novels at 25 units that is only RM2.00..I bet you can't get that price in town...so my daughter 'sapu' quite a number...and a few days later when her school organised a trip there, I saw that she bought a few more novels...and other genre too with her own pocket money. I was quite surprised that she was willing to spend on books cos I have been trying to get her to read ever since she started school ..bought her lots and lots of story books but it was only a couple of years ago that  she finally showed some interest in books and started buying them herself..

I managed to grab a few books too...love the smell of new books..hmmmm..and we spent about an hour browsing through.... I'm looking forward to its next visit..in another 2 years!...Okey..we will be waiting!


3 more are not in tis pic...

No comments: