Sunday, August 19, 2012

OH MY OVEN.....




I've been telling myself that one of these days I will get a brand new oven. And that one day finally came about a week ago. I can't make up my mind which brand I wanted. All I wanted was just something bigger than my present oven. The one that I have been using all these years is quite small about 12''x11'' and whenever I wanted to bake anything in large amount I have to bake it twice which is a nuisances.


 See the brand of this oven...for your information, you can't find it in the market anymore.

 The old oven has been my faithful companion for the past 20 years.(+-)...... mind you! I bought it when I was still single (and available...hihihi..) and haven't met my hubby as yet, and now my eldest child is  13 years old ,so you can imagined how long it has been with me. But in the earlier part of my marriage life, the poor oven has been sitting in the store room collecting dust for quite a long time.  Back than I was still working at the bank and was pretty busy with the kids who were still very young, so I don't have much time to do baking.  It was only recently that my old hobby surfaced again and the oven is still as faithful and as long as I can remember it hasn't let me down. I'm still keeping it in case anytime I need to bake/grill anything in small amount it is still dependable and also for sentimental value.




Actually I just need a little push to make the final decision. It started when my sister asked a favour to help her to bake some cakes for their church sales. She's opening a stall and she needs a variety of food stuff to sell. I agreed cause I just love baking but the problem was that my present oven is too small to accommodate the amount that I needed to bake. So no more excuses and about time too to
make the purchase.

So hubby and me started oven hunting and we managed to find one at Kota Sentosa. Its not my dream oven caused my dream one is the built-in type but I can't get that as my kitchen is sooo ...Tini Winny that a built-in just couldn't fit in. The one I bought was a 55L conventional and the price was quite reasonable and...and...hubby is paying for it..... Thank you Sayang...Love you..... So beggars can't be choosy,huh!!... I"m quite happy with the purchase cause it's big enough for me.

That's the opening ceremony for my new oven.

No comments: