Tuesday, September 4, 2012

# BALIK KAMPUNG.....



See that beautiful mountain view in the background...
 
Last Friday, 31st August was a public holiday, so we packed our bags and headed to the kampung.  Kampung is at Kepayang, Simunjan about 2 1/2 hrs drive from Kuching (depending on the traffic flow, if its festive season, read Gawai.... it will take longer). Its hubby hometown... me??.....I'm a city girl, born and breed in Kuching, so no Kampung I can call my own or to go back to during Gawai.

The last trip was end of May, we couldn't make it for Gawai as we were going to KL for the holidays.
It was just a day trip then, but this time round we planned to stay for 2 nights but again....hubby has to leave for Sibu on Sunday so we just stayed a night.


Sunset....

When we reached the kampung, mother-in-law was making some kuih as she knew we were coming.
The kids loved it there cause all the cousins were around, but it gives me headache with kids running all over the place....sabar-sabar.!!!..... For a person who has spend all her life in the city it takes time for me to adjust myself to kampung life.(hahaha..it has been more than 15 years, dear..)...apart from the reason that I was the only child of  a single parent (adopted).  My life was quite secluded so being in a 'kecoh' environment was, how should I put it.... 'merimaskan', but for my sayang sake I will  endured it. This is popularly known as 'give and take' situation...right! huhuhu....

Neighbours will normally drop in if they knew we were around, and there is this one old lady who stays opposite my mil house, she will without fail comes over to see me. There is this one time ...can't really recalled when, my mil told me that this lady told her that I did not layan(talk) to her.
Oppss...I didn't realised that...me being a quiet person might not be aware  that my behaviour has offended someone....so from than on I was extra attentive when she's around.

Before we went there I baked some cakes and puddings for the family (and also for the  unexpected visitors and expected visitors!!! ).  Happy to see everybody enjoyed the food ...and it was gone in no time.

My hubby brought back some coconuts,bananas, dragon fruits, all fresh from the farm. The dragon fruits were very sweet and hubby also brought back the plant for our little garden.



No comments: