Tuesday, September 18, 2012

# MY GRAND NIECE.........

On Sunday afternoon we went to visit my little grandniece who is only 16 days old. We started from home at about 3 pm and on the way we were caught in the rain. It started to rain cats and dogs out of a sudden because when we left the house the weather was as fine as it can be. It was scary driving in a heavy rain, luckily it was hubby driving but I was gripping the seat and holding my breath all the way as the road was filled with puddle of water which will splash every time a car drove by and makes it difficult to see the road.

We managed to reach my brother's house in one piece but to our surprised my niece was not there but at her own home which was at BDC. But nevertheless, we stayed a while and chat with my sister-in-law (my brother had gone travelling) while waiting for the rain to subside. If I were to drive alone I don't think I can find my way here as my sense of direction is sooo... unreliable.

About half an hour later when the rain has subsided we made a move to my niece house which was about 15 mins drive away. My mother is staying with my niece during her confinement, just to accompany her as her husband is working during the day.  See...she's helping to look after her great grand daughter. That's the fourth generation!!!

My niece delivered her baby at home as she was not in time to go to the hospital. What she told us, was that she had a contraction in the early hours of the morning but she didn't expect the baby to come out that soon.  So as they were preparing to go to the hospital her contraction started to get more intense and before they knew it the baby was already struggling to get out...huhuhhh( guess she couldn't wait to see the world)......her mother or auntie (I'm not too sure) was on the line with her husband giving him instructions to what he should do.  Luckily the ambulance came within minutes after being called.

So it was a happy ending for mother and baby but my niece said she have to repeat the "chronicle" to the medical team every time she went for a check up cause she was told that giving birth at home was quite risky and needs to go through more procedures and check up to ensure that the mother and baby are okay.

No comments: